Thursday, April 25, 2013

Guacamole with Jicama Chips


Soooo, I've had a recent guacamole addiction that is directly connected to my endless study marathons. I usually just mashed up some avocados and added whatever I wanted or thought would taste good and did that. But my favorite yoga instructor posted this recipe for guacamole (delicious! that amount of tomatoes is perfect!) and even gave me the idea of making jicama chips in place of corn tortilla chips...WAY more fibers and less carbs! :)

The only thing I'm not too sure on is what to do with the jicama slices...I've never eaten raw jicama, and thought it would be tasty if I baked them to turn to chips, but I haven't had time quite yet to try!

Mom, here ya go! That guac recipe you wanted! ;)

Guacamole With Jicama Chips:



- 1 or 2 avocados
- 1/2 tomato
- 1/8 onion (or 1 green onion)
- 1/2 lemon (remove seeds)
- 1/4 jicama
- 1/4 bunch cilantro (optional)
- like it spicy? add a chopped jalepeno or serrano chile 

Mash the avocado (remove peels and seed first)
Chop onion, tomato and cilantro
Stir the onion, tomato and cilantro into the mashed avocados, squeeze 1/2 lemon in the mix and you have delicious guacamole!
(you can add salt, pepper, cayenne to taste if you wish)

Peel and then slice up jicama to resemble thick chips

Dip the jicama slices in the guacamole and enjoy!


YAY!
Lots of good omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids, vitamin E, B and some fiber for my poor little brain in over drive! :D

[I'll try the whole baked jicama thing and get back to you! For now, tortilla chips is good enough for me!]


Another whiny Snapchat with my crazy hair on a study day ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment