Friday, April 12, 2013

Chocolate Chip Protein Pancakes

While I'm on the pancake fix, I just had to try protein pancakes!

I was temporarily getting tired of my protein shake, and wanted to change it up a little.

This is the protein powder I've been using for about 6 months, and so far, I love it! It's organic chocolate flavored rice protein. Because I'm lactose intolerant, I really shouldn't have been using the whey protein, even if it was protein isolate (which is suppose to have most of the lactose "filtered" out), but I still felt the bloating with the whey isolate. 

If my body doesn't like milk products, I shouldn't be putting any in there! That's my motto when it comes to anything that makes you feel "uncomfortable, sluggish, or gross" afterwards! It's only slowing your body and its efficiency down!

 Anyway, we added a little of these allergy-free chocolate chips (surprisingly delicious) to the new pancake recipe I found (with 1 cup of the protein powder substituting 1 cup of the flour...that's 75 grams of protein in 4 pancakes!)

And chocolatey protein pancakes for me! They didn't come out too pretty, but there were tasty enough for me!

A nice alternative to a protein shake after a workout too! ;)

I need to start taking pictures with my real camera. These iPhone quality pictures are just not going to cut it for long...

2 comments:

  1. those actually look good! So are you like gluten-free 100% of the time now??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep!! I don't absolutely NEED it like Dalton does, but for now I'm doing it to make my body as efficient as possible. Even the slightest better of my body right now is important because of nursing school. My brain needs the best energy it can get! I can tell the difference BIG time when I don't eat clean...it effects my school work, especially since I have focus problems, haha. Plus, since I'm such a strong believer that most people be gluten-free (A LOT of health problems early on in life or later on in life are provin to have contributions from even mild gluten-intolerance), I might as well practice what I preach! I want to show people eating gluten-free is not always gross, flavorless and expensive. If I can do it, anyone can!! :)

      Delete